09 July 2010

MexiFenton Soup

Ok...so this recipe is from Linda Moxam...she made it for me in December when we started the decorating of the Christmas tree....damn strings of tree lights...and drank wine.  I think it was the wine that got us through the light decorating part and I might add, the tree was tall....10', 20', 30' or 50'....it was tall.  It was a great evening!  I always enjoy my time with Linda and this particular time, there was an abundance of laughter and silliness...love that.  I've made this recipe several times and it's always a huge hit.  So here goes....

Chop two chicken boobies into bite size pieces and cook lightly in olive oil (I use my trusty Dutch Oven...all about the one pot cooking).  Add a chopped onion and saute until soft.  Add 4 cloves crushed garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.

Ok...here is the hard part...add one can of each of the following, do not drain:
Black Beans
Cannellini Beans
Creamed Corn
Corn
Rotel
Sm can green chillies

Stir together with a packet of ranch dressing.

Simmer for a bout 20 minutes until all the flavors are incorporated.  I serve with blue corn chips, chopped cilantro and shredded Mexican cheese.  Yum!  And it looks pretty too.

Thank you Linda, once again for a great recipe.

No comments: