26 July 2010

Wool Wrap

Ok....I started this project when I returned from my wanderings in the north country.  I am perhaps....almost 50% complete and so far enjoying the lace work.  Thought I'd post a picture of where it stands so far.  It has a long way to go and as usual, I'm looking forward to the blocking process because it really finishes it off nicely.  I love this wool.  I'm surprised that I do, because I'm not a big fan of the wool around the neck, but this feels great.  The colors aren't evident in the picture, but it has flecks of every color on top of the navy.  This wool was purchased in Maryland at the festival from a Michigan yarn seller...love that.  Had to go all the way to Maryland to purchase the homegrown wool.  FYI....the line green stripe at the bottom is for the picot edge yet to come....but I'm groovin' on the green and navy together.

On a side note....I finished reading 'The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest' over the weekend.  Had to finish it because I couldn't put it down.  Really have enjoyed this series.  Wonderful characters and story line.  I have now seen the first movie and looking forward to the other two.  The second starts this week at the Belcourt in Nashville....perfect.  See you all there.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm loving all the lace you're doing.

Christina said...

Thank you....I'm loving it too!