23 May 2011

Fibre Salad

Ok....so this weekend I attended "Hands on Color: Fibre Salad", a spinning workshop by Lynne Vogel.  So much fun was had by all ( I think)....I know it was by me.  We were at the DuBose Conference Center in Monteagle, TN.  Upon signing up, my goals were to learn a couple of spinning techniques; spinning from the fold, long draw and spiral plying....I was successful, but didn't realize how much more I would walk away with.  Learned so much about fibre, so new techniques, solidified what I knew, met great people and saw so much creativity at work.  Was a good (and non-technical) break. 


Just a few pictures of people and fibres.  Just gives a whole new meaning to traveling wheels.

This is what happens to spinners after sitting at a wheel all day....need to rest your back while checking your email.  Sorry Jan, but I LOVE this picture....


DuBose was beautiful and we had great weather. I did get so sit outside to knit a bit and the grounds were quite pretty.





The circle of sharing...


Reminder to come out to see Jan and I at the Middle Tennessee Festival this weekend....

1 comment:

Elle said...

OMG!!!! It looks like you had a blast and came home with some serious goodies! Can't wait to hear more about it.