06 June 2011

Seriously...more spinning?

Ok....so this is a bit of a catch up.  I finally was able to set and photograph some of the fibre I've been working on over the last couple of weeks.  As you saw in yesterday's blog post, there was a slight set back, but as those of you in TN know, it's HOT has hell here so they dried quickly. 




Here are a few pictures of the fibre salad spinning I did at DuBose in May, while expertly instructed by Lynne Vogel.  Now, little did Lynne know that while most everything makes perfect sense in my head, rarely does it translate to my hands.  In this case, there is nothing like a little practice to eventually make it so.  I had a blast and learned so many new and groovy techniques.  And I did have a lot of fun....isn't that why we're spinning and knitting anyway? 



So, we decided (with Darlene's guidance) that this colonial looked like a bruise...now, some said it couldn't be, wasn't so....but then Sharon showed us her bruise and behold, Darlene was right.  The perfect shades.  So, why you ask did I decided to spin this? Because bruise or not, the colors were gorgeous.  As you can see from the spun result, beautiful.  I have enough of this for a nice large wrap.  The first 4 oz is spun and the second is on the wheel.  I opted to ply it on itself after several trys with other plying fibres....this was what I was looking for.



So, yes it's hot here again....but as I look outside and the withering yard (which I worked very hard on), I'm thankful for air conditioning and looking forward to spinning....inside.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Gorgeous yarn as always! The fibre salad stuff looks interesting and very cool but I don't think it's for me. Whatcha gonna do with it?