24 July 2011

Handspun and Sorting

Ok....so a little spinning and a lot of donation to share. 

The first spinning project is a hank of beautiful BFL/Tussah from Daily Fibers.  The jewel tones grabbed my attention, but most of all the sage green mixed in.....really nice affect. 



The second is an alpaca, bamboo, merino blend I picked up from Ozark Carding Mill at the Middle TN Fibre Festival.  It's a lovely claret color that I've spun fingering weight.  Looking forward to devising a project for this one.




And finally, I received a huge and generous donation from Haus of Yarn for Hospice.  Reyna came by yesterday for the sorting.....there are over 300 hanks of yarn.  There was a lot of yarn in my kitchen yesterday.  This is King Tut cotton at 182 yards and  I have posted the colors in my stash on Ravelry and will be glad to deliver to anyone when you're ready for more.  Please visit the ravelry site for our hospice charity group, Threads of Kindness.  We're always welcoming new members to knit for the amazing organization. 

No comments: