23 August 2012

Two Gals on a Mission

Ok....so Jan and I have made our annual (looks like it's trending this way) pilgrimage to the Michigan Fibre Festival.  Jan mentioned that she thought it might be a fluke that she liked it so much, but then returned the comment Sunday, that it is a good festival and not a fluke.  I am in agreement. 
This is a smallish festival with all the bang of it's bigger siblings....great vendors, lots of sheep and border collies, oodles of classes, a great grilled cheese sandwich and plenty to see and do. 
This year we missed seeing Carol from Chicago, but we did get a wonderful visit with Tara (now from Ohio...Hicksville that is).  And....we purchases some gorgeous Jacob roving....I can't wait to spin.
We also took a drafting workshop from Beth Smith of The Spinning Loft in Howell, MI.  I enjoyed spinning with so many different types of fibre....Beth loves wool...and I even got a little better at my supported and unsupported long draw.  Also....now I'm jonesing to spin every moment.....oh, wait....I said that right?  Eeekkk!!!!



We also enjoyed a return trip to the Boatwerks restaurant...waterfront...lovely.  Good food, great view and might I add...we did have perfect weather on this journey.  
We were able to track down every Starbucks and even were lucky enough to get to Biggby Coffee for a wonderful latte treat.  The trip wound down with a day on the beach, then stroll through Grand Haven, MI.  Ahhhhhhh.......





Three happy gals.
 

 

2 comments:

captainhook said...

Yay--happy gals! Great pic of all of you (and all the other woolly critters too!)

Karen said...

Nice!!!!!